Role: Administrative Support
APS is currently seeking applications for providing administrative support, contributing to the delivery of APS events and assisting with APS marketing materials. The role is part-time (approximately 3 days per week) and will have flexible working terms (hours, location etc.) to be agreed between APS and the individual. The individual will work directly with and be managed by the Scientific Administrator delivering the following:
Working alongside and under direction of the Scientific Administrator and APS Board:
- Act as the primary point of contact for APS members and maintain an effective virtual office function responding to email enquiries relating to all APS matters.
- Manage, maintain and update the APS contacts database and administer the APS membership annual renewal process.
- Provide administrative & communications support for the APS and Focus Groups established by the APS Board.
- Design and distribute approved membership communications and publicity material to members and non-members and other contacts.
- Provide marketing and communications support for the overall activities of APS.
- Provide support for the management of the APS accreditation programme for Pharmaceutical Science degrees.
- Support the APS Scientific Administrator, when requested, in the creation and circulation of Board meeting agendas and minutes.
- Support event planning including venue management, support in developing/managing event agendas and attracting exhibitors and sponsorship.
- Develop event marketing & communications including use of the APS website, social media and membership e-mails.
- Support event delivery including registration, badging, printed/e-brochures and photos, where appropriate, of the event.
- Deliver post-meeting follow-up including speaker contacts, distribution of presentation materials and generation of meeting summaries.
For further information on the role and how to make an application, please contact Carol O’Connor, APS Scientific Administrator (email@example.com). Closing date for applications is the 1st November 2019.