Accelerating paediatric formulation development
Presentation of output from SPaeDD-UK Project
Friends House, London
Wednesday 28 March 2018
The Smart Paediatric Drug Development (SPaeDD) initiative co-funded by Innovate UK (the UK’s Innovation Agency) is a cross company and academic centre initiative to accelerate paediatric formulation development. Established in 2014 and focussed on UK expertise the initiative has been an excellent example of multi-company / academic collaboration. The collaboration has now reached the end of its funding period and this meeting will present the final outputs from the project work streams. Each of these has produced outputs which will no doubt significantly assist the way in which medicines are developed and tested for children.
This meeting is your chance to learn in detail what the initiative has achieved.
In the meeting you will hear about:
- Current EMA paediatric regulations
- The requirements for paediatric formulations from an industry and hospital practitioner’s perspectives
- How to perform in-vitro taste testing of paediatric medicines
- The use of PBPK modelling applied to paediatrics
- Novel paediatric formulations
- Ways in which the acceptability of formulations can be tested in paediatrics
- Exploitation of the output from SPaeDD
This meeting is hosted by the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences and thanks to co-funding by Innovate UK and the industrial partners is offered at a much reduced fee of £75 with a further reduction for attendees from SPaeDD collaborating organisations*.
*The following organisations contributed to SPaeDD-UK:
Aston University, AstraZeneca; University of Bath; University of Birmingham; Bristol Myers Squibb; GSK; Innovate UK; Juniper Pharma Services; Pfizer; UCL School of Pharmacy.