- Focus group within the Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences open to all members with an interest in pulmonary and nasal drug delivery.
- Provide a forum for Industry, Academe and the Regulators to engage in discussion of current issues in science, technology & regulation pertinent to pulmonary and nasal drug delivery.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other relevant organizations active in the field (e.g. Aerosol Society (DDL), EPAG, AAPS,HESI and RDD) with a view to establishing joint meetings and dialogue in the field.
Provide continuing education for the
membership via for e.g. a biennial symposium, interim focussed
Focus Group Steering Committee
- Eddie French (Co-Chair), TEKH Consulting Ltd
- Jeremy Clarke,(Co-Chair) GlaxoSmithKline
- Ben Forbes, King’s College London
- Darragh Murnane, University of Hertfordshire
- John Pritchard, Phillips Respironics
- Joe Takher-Smith, Mylan Global Respiratory Group
- Nayna Govind, NG Pharma Consulting Ltd
- Philippe Rogueda, Watson Pharmaceuticals
- Rob Price, University of Bath
- Alison Lansley, University of Brighton
Drugs in the Lungs NETWORK (DITL)
- The Drugs in the Lung Network was devised with the aim of providing cross-company collaboration and developing industry-academia pre competitive consortia.
- The Network aims to provide supportive forum for technical and
scientific (i.e. data rich) discussions with the aim of advancing the
knowledge of early - to late stage inhaled product development.
Bioequivalence of Orally Inhaled Drug Products-Monday 30th March 2015 at the Royal Society of Chemistry, London as part of the Inhaled Medicines Expert Discussion Series. The meeting is organised jointly by with The Aerosol Society.
APS Inhaled Product Development Workshop: ‘The science and strategy to develop an aerosolized medicine’
Modulating pharmacokinetics of inhaled drugs
Delivering High Doses to the Lungs
- UKPharmSci 2014 Inhaled:-New Technologies and Novel Therapeutics
- UKPharmSci 2013 Inhaled 1 (Session 3.31) Wed 4 Sept: New technologies to enable respiratory medicines
UKPharmSci 2013 Inhaled 2 (Session 3.32) Wed 4 Sept: Current thinking on the impact of mucus on drug in the lungs
- Inhalation 2007, 2009, 2011
- Drugs in the Lungs NETWORK – click here
APS Inhalation Symposium/Conference in 2003 and 2005